Pensioners & Veterans
If you are a Pensioner or Veteran you may be eligible for free hearing services and hearing aids under the Australian Government’s Hearing Services Program (HSP).
All you need to do is contact us and we can confirm your eligibility and get the process started for you. For existing HSP clients who are renewing or continuing their hearing services, and want to receive services from The Hearing Hub simply contact us and we can arrange the rest.
How we are different and what we can provide you with?
The Hearing Hub is fully accredited with the Australian Commonwealth Government Hearing Services Program to provide FREE hearing aids and hearing services to eligible clients. Our clinical staff are accredited with ACAud and have registered Hearing Services Program practitioner numbers.
If you qualify for the Hearing Services Program, the voucher obtained can be used to obtain FREE hearing services.
At the Hearing Hub we are very different to all other hearing providers. Whilst we provide Hearing Services within the rules and regulation of our contract, we chose to set the bar higher when it comes to providing FREE hearing device(s) to our clients.
We believe price shouldn’t be a determining factor in the outcomes you receive.
This is why The Hearing Hub choose to supply all it’s eligible clients with FREE partially subsidised hearing device(s). Conditions apply on the Hearing Services Program.
The Hearing Hub’s FREE hearing services delivered on Australian Commonwealth Government Hearing Services Program:
- A FREE comprehensive hearing and hearing needs assessment.
- Fitting of a fully subsidised hearing device(s) or a FREE partially subsidised hearing device(s). Click on the FREE TOP UP ad to see our ad. Condition’s apply under the Hearing Services Program. This offer is exclusively provided by The Hearing Hub.
- A follow up appointment which provides you with a hearing device(s) and hearing needs review/evaluation after the initial fitting appointment;
- Ongoing training, counselling, maintenance and repairs to the fitted hearing device(s) over the lifetime of the device;
- Regular check-up/review appointments (4 monthly);
- On-going adjustments to the hearing device(s);
- An optional batteries and maintenance program which cost’s $45.68 a year (this cost increases every financial year). If you take on the batteries and maintenance program we provide you with batteries and audiological supplies so you can use and maintain you hearing device(s). You will never be required to pay any cost’s relating to repairs, usage and maintenance.
At The Hearing Hub we provide voucher holders with a 4-12 week hearing device(s) trial on all products fitted by The Hearing Hub. If you chose to proceed with the fitting of a partially subsidised device(s), we will apply a $750 discount on each partially subsidised hearing aid so that you access more advanced levels of technology at a lower cost.
At The Hearing Hub we choose to supply our eligible client’s with Partially subsidised hearing device(s) as the FREE TO CLIENT option. This means the client doesn’t pay a fee to be supplied with a more advanced hearing device(s). This offer is only exclusive to The Hearing Hub.
Due to the fact we provide partially subsidised hearing device(s) as our FREE TO CLIENT option, costing the client $0.00 to be supplied with the partially subsidised hearing device(s), we do not provide the $750.00 discount per device on these device(s) to eligible program clients.
On the HSP as a accredited Hearing Service provider we must disclose all our preferred Hearing aid manufacturers. The Hearing Hub chooses to fit products from a range of different manufacturers which include GN Resound, Oticon, Phonak, Siemens, Starkey, Unitron and Widex.
We do not enter into any special arrangements with the hearing aid manufacturers to promote their products based on financial gain. No commissions are paid to The Hearing Hub or to any employee of The Hearing Hub to provide a particular brand of hearing device(s). We provide hearing device(s) based on what we believe has the best technology to deliver the best hearing outcomes for the client.
The Hearing Hub is truly an independent hearing provider which gives our clinicians the choice to provide the hearing device(s) which they believe will provide the client with the best possible hearing outcomes for their unique hearing loss and specific hearing needs.
Are you eligible for a hearing services voucher?
You are eligible for a hearing services voucher if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older, and you hold either a:
- A Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
- Receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- A Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card holder;
- A Department of Veterans’ Affairs White Card holder issued for specific conditions that include hearing loss;
- A dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
- A member of the Australian Defence Force;
- Referred by the Disability Employment Services (Disability Management Services) Program; or
- A National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) participant with hearing needs, referred by a planner from the National Disability Insurance Agency
What do you need to do to be provided with free hearing services?
If you satisfy the eligibility requirements above, you will need to do the following:
Obtain a referral from your doctor
To access the Hearing Services program you need to obtain a signed medical certificate from your doctor which has their Medicare provider number on it. You can obtain this medical certificate from your doctor, Hearing Services Program website or from directly form The Hearing Hub. We can email or post it to you. It can also be downloaded off our website. Once you have been assessed by your doctor, you must bring the medical certificate with you to your first visit so a new Hearing Services Program voucher can be obtained.
Obtain a new voucher (initial hearing test)
All you need to do is call us and we can check your eligibility for you. If you are eligible, we can book you an appointment with us for an initial hearing test and will be able to obtain you a new hearing services voucher. You will need to bring along your signed medical certificate from your doctor and your eligibility card i.e. Pension card.
Already received a voucher?
If you have received an OHS voucher in the past and you would like to receive services from The Hearing Hub, please contact us and we can discuss your options with you.
Receive a $50 gift voucher for every friend you refer to us. Conditions apply