You may change your details at any time by advising us in writing via email. All information we receive from our customers is protected by our secure server. The Hearing Hub’s secure server software encrypts all customer information before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all customer data collected is secured against unauthorized use or access.
We collect information about you when providing you with a health service. In doing so, we are required to comply with the additional requirements applicable to health information, even if that information does not relate directly to your health. State and Territory health legislation may also be applicable to the handling by us of your health information.
The ways we collect personal information:
- Through a registration form;
- During a consultation;
- In a telephone conversation with you;
- Information you include in a letter or email;
- To process the purchase by you of products or services;
- To provide you with further information about our services, at your request;
- To send correspondence (e.g. mailed brochures) or other communications at your request;
- To book an appointment, at your request;
- To process your entry into a competition; and
- In relation to your employment application.
We may also collect information about you from persons or sources other than yourself, as described below.
However, where such information is in connection with the provision of our health services to you, we will only do this with your consent, or, in the case of an emergency involving a serious threat to your health and during which you are unable to provide consent, where it is necessary in order to treat you.
Other sources from which we may collect information about you include your treating specialists, your general practitioner, family members, friends, carers, employers and hospitals in which you have been treated.
Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with services or products that you have requested.
What Information do we collect?
- Name and date of birth;
- Mailing or street address;
- e-mail address;
- Information concerning your health and disabilities;
- Your treatment history;
- Your medical history;
- Services and products provided to you;
- Records of communications with you;
- Requests made by you;
- Transaction details associated with a purchase of goods or services from us;
- Credit card and account details (including credit verification check) when processing transactions; and
- Any additional information provided by you to us.
Purposes of collection, holding, use and disclosure of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for purposes including the following:
- To provide you with our services and products and send communications requested by you;
- For internal administration, management, quality control, marketing, planning, product or service development and research; to answer inquiries, and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- To conduct account management and payment processing including billing, external payment and accounting systems;
- To conduct competitions run by us;
- To process employment applications;
- Any purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information.
We will not send you direct marketing communications without your consent. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way from time to time. You may provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address to enable us to send information or process your product order and we may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with our customer support.
We may use personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material, updates regarding our website and information in the form of a newsletter. This will only apply if you have registered or subscribed to such publications by registering your details with us. However if you wish to cease receiving any such information you may let us know either by email or unsubscribing at any time and your request will be actioned immediately.
Individual profile and company details are not used for any other purpose. Details are only supplied to a third party supplier when it is required by law, for goods or services which you have purchased or to protect our copyright, trademarks and other legal rights.
We respect the privacy of our online visitors. We may collect information on or through this website that can personally identify you. For example, we collect personally identifiable information which you volunteer to us to respond to visitor questions and comments about us and our products and services, and to mail e-newsletters (“Personal Data”).
Any non-personal information, communications and material you send to this website or to us by email, or which we obtain from third parties without promises of confidentiality, may be kept, used and disclosed by us on a non-confidential basis. We are free to use and reproduce any such information freely, and for any purpose whatsoever. Specifically, we will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose, including developing, manufacturing or marketing products.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of the Hearing Hub, our customers or third parties.
We may disclose your information in circumstances including the following:
- To Medicare and other public agencies that may require evidence of your treatment, private health insurers, pharmacies and government bodies;
- To our related companies, contractors or service providers and professional advisers for the purposes of operation of our business, including fulfilling orders by you, hosting our website or information systems, delivering products, and otherwise providing services and products to you;
- To third parties to provide you with care or treatment. Other sources to which we may disclose information about you include treating specialists, family members, and carers;
- As required or authorised under law or in cooperation with any government authority, or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 and applicable State and Territory health legislation;
- Where information is disclosed to third parties, we take all reasonable measures to ensure that such third parties do not use the information for any purpose other than that for which it was provided or disclose the information to any other party.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be disclosed to a potential purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
We do not and will not sell or deal in personal or customer information. We will never disclose your personal details to a third party except the necessary information required by providers of products or services you have purchased or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Hearing Hub, our customers or third parties or if required by law.
We may however use in a general sense without any reference to your name, your information to create marketing statistics, identify user demands and to assist it in meeting customer needs generally. In addition, we may use the information that you provide to improve our website and services but not for any other use.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed or required to be kept by law.
ACCESS TO DATA
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (e.g. by emailing or mailing it to you, or inspecting the record).
If you are not entitled to access information, we will provide you with reasons why. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we amend information relating to your health, we will mark the original information appropriately but may not delete it, as it may be necessary by law for us to retain a complete record.
If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will provide you with reasons why and add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
If you believe your privacy has been breached, you may contact us using the contact details below and provide details.
Following receipt of a privacy complaint, we will investigate the complaint, and notify the individual concerned of the outcome of our investigation within a reasonable time.
Call us on 1800 997 568 or write to us at:
The Hearing Hub
17 Bolton Street
Newcastle NSW 2300